The year of no games

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Decisions, decisions


I've still not finished anything. I'm a little further on in Space Rangers and I've enjoyed trying to get a little further with Brothers in Arms, but 2 months into my little experiment I've not finished a single game.


You now what though? I'm not bothered. I'm enjoying playing the games as they come and getting what I want out of them. So what if I don't see the end of a story? If designers made the stories worth following and didn't pad out their games with useless filler (Resident Evil 4 I'm looking at you) then they'd have more people complete their games in the first place. I have to simply face the fact that I'm a sandbox sort of guy, even when the game wants me to be a story sort of bloke.


Some good news today has left me in a pickle though: I got a payrise at work. A nice one. Usually in this sort of situation I'd be going on a virtual spending spree, totting up all the little gimmicks and games that I'll be buying. I'm at the point where even an Xbox 360 wouldn't really be out of my reach.


But I must remain steadfast and not give in to the tormentuous temptations. I still have umpteen games I've not even touched and can't even consider buying anything new until I've at least had the courtesy to unwrap the cellophane on those.

2 Comments:

  • A pay raise! Congratulations! Sounds to me like you deserve a little something.

    Are you sure about this "cold turkey" thing? I'm no gamer, but even I'm tempted to pick up that Shadow of the Colossus...

    By Blogger Ian, at 12:40 AM  

  • Shadow of the Colossus does indeed look incredible but I don't have a PS2 so that'd be out of the question anyway :-D

    And stop going on about the D50 you! I'm excited but not counting chickens until it's in my clammy excited hands :-D

    By Blogger Rhythm, at 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home