The year of no games

Thursday, March 30, 2006

I lasted almost 3 whole months

But the lure of a £20 10/10 game was too strong. The missus just told me that The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion's been delivered at home.

The stupid thing is, I don't even know why I bought it. I'm still 50% through a major "Conquer the World" mission in Rise of Nations and midway through a Space Rangers 2 campaign. I've hardly touched The Movies, Anachronox and GT Legends and I haven't even installed Rome Total War. That's just the PC stuff too, on the Xbox I still have Call of Cthulhu, Brothers in Arms Earned in Blood and GTA Double Pack sitting unopened on the shelf and pretty much all my Gamecube games require more attention.

I'm mad, I really am.

2 Comments:

  • Daniel, there's no reason why this one slip needs to upend your entire endeavor. On Jan. 1, 2007, you might still be able to say that you only bought one game, and that was waaaaaay back in March.

    Of course, you'll have to change the blog title. "The year of just one game", or maybe "The year of almost no games". And if this slip tips into a binge, there's always "The trimester (minus one day) of no games"...

    By Blogger Ian, at 12:56 AM  

  • Oh take it from me, this isn't me falling totally off the wagon, more like a small loss of footing :-)

    I've given up multiplayer gaming which will leave me in a position where I can concentrate on getting through my single player games without worrying about keeping up with any online crowds and getting lost in the herd there.

    By Blogger Rhythm, at 1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home